|UT| New World
Welcome to our website, please register if you are new or login if you are a member.

UT99 Community

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Site Navigation
TNW Servers
TNW Servers

Share | 

connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Movement

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 pm

I don't understand your statement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Movement

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 pm

OHHH I know what you mean now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Thu May 30, 2013 9:13 pm

i mean that even if anticheat kicks botters out it still takes a while to detect&perform a kick. so they can frag for a while, then get a kick and then, when they reconnect, their frags are restored to what they had before the kick.

so its not a problem for a botter to win game in spite of constant disconnects.

@topic
the sad news is the lags are not gone.
i have played few matches today, speced some as well, but can't tell exactly what may cause the problem. i'll keep you informed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Fri May 31, 2013 1:44 am

Hi

Honestly we will set back the top players mod, we were just testing the server without mutators to check if it gonna lag or not... and it's clearly lagging so it's a provider problem or maybe a hacker Razz

Well we contacted the provider for more information and waiting for reply also i mostly think it's a connection problem with provider =)

Nothing to do with the server setup since we have test the server without mutators and sadly it lags...

for the botters issue who keep reconnecting the only way to get rid of them atm is reporting, once we sort out the lag problem we will focus more to find a better solution for this botters... so just report the nicks which you suspend they are using a bot and reconnecting then we will check them and get rid of them.

I have tried already to stop the nexgen storing problem by a mutator but sadly it doesn't stop it Sleep

thanks for the reports, keep us updated Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ut99.friendhood.net
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 am

Alright the staff have replied me, i guess they are aware of the problem and it's from their side as i thought. they told me it will be fixed as soon as possible so let's see how it will be tomorrow Smile

I hope it will be better. Smile
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:09 pm

the lag problem is back, lags appear randomly during the game Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

that's weird. i'll have a look in the server to make sure if it's a problem from inside or a problem from provider's side.

gonna take a look tonight also i may change few stuff so it may be better tomorrow, please post again if the problem is not solved yet then i'll have a word with the provider Smile

Thanks for reporting again! Wink 
Back to top Go down
Astro

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 am

hey i have been there yesterday and it lagged again :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 am

Hi

Due the recent lag problems we have contacted the provider for support and they could move us to a better server in different location and different ISP.

I have replaced the old banner with the new server banner in the portal page.

NEW IP: 46.19.136.230:7777

Please try it out and let me know how is it.

Have Fun.
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:01 pm

i've played some time and seems like the connection problems are gone :-)

so the only two things that should be considered to change are:

1. enabling FWS (it's enabled on most servers)
2. disabling Radeemer (believe me or not, but it frustrates most of players - no matter their skill, especially when this July2013 plays ;-))

cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:15 am

Glad to hear the connection is stable now Smile

well i guess we have talked about this point in the past but anyway i am away this days when i am back to home we can talk about it, btw do you use skype? if so please send me your ID in pm Smile

I may add FWS in the future but i am still not going to remove the redeemer because the server meant to be like that from the beginning. tbh the skilled players can just avoid the redeemer easily and the low/mid skill players who uses it will just get pwned Shocked 

p.s July2013 got banned twice for piston camping and the laming spam in the redeemer area and he may end up banned again for longer time until he stop doing that Razz
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 am

sorry, i dont use skype.
we can meet on irc or team speak if you need instant communication :-)
(gmail chat is also an option)

@topic
in fact i don't mind the radeemer, when i think about it seems more like July2013 issue - all the people on the server were really mad about him for all that you mentioned above :-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:00 am

Astro banned him today again, if he is not going to stop that he will end up banned permanently.
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:20 pm

i havent been here for a while, also i havent played for a while.
so here are my 3 cents after coming back:
this server it havily loaded with mutators and this makes that each time any new player tryies to join, all players get additional 100ms ping for 3-5 secs, cuz server is doing its calculations.

i know your approach to anti-everything policy, that is so strange, that now you cant even say 'ill be back in 2 hours' cuz server thinks you are publishing IPs, becaused you dared to use namber in the sentence.

but maybe you could do a little test - to remove all useless mutators, like those spec password thing, anty-ip advertising and stuff and everything that is pretty unnecessary and check if your worst nightmares come true - cuz i think they wont, as ppl like this server and without all those annoyances (especially the lag issue) they will even like it more.

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:58 pm

hey,

Firstly welcome back!

The server mutators haven't changed from decades and it's been fine for many months at least haven't got any complains about it recently as i was playing there few days ago haven't notice a real trouble myself or complains. the ping jumping for few seconds is normal imo unless you are having an ultimate connection... Razz

The on join lags in general got nothing to do with the mutators sometimes it's just more than one person connecting in the same moment which can cause lags furthermore the mutators which are loaded doesn't exceed 4 mutators I wouldn't call that "havily loaded with mutators" I know some guys who are running over 10 mutators yet they got no issue.

Oh btw you can still say "'ill be back in two hours' Razz

I wouldn't call it useless mutators since it prevent many of the trouble makers to do what they are doing to abuse the server for their own benefit... this two mutators specially have a very valid reason to be in the server and currently we don't plan to remove them.

You need to consider the fact that sometimes the lag can be from the player side, also sometimes it's from the server side but when that happens everyone gonna yell "LAAAAG!" etc... also when the server is lagging you guys can help us by doing a tracert to the server and post the results here so that i can show them to the provider and they should take an action if any lag problem exist.

I'll keep an eye on the server if i notice any lag issue or more complains I'll contact the provider to look into it.
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:40 pm

I apprecaite your comment and ofc i know there are many lag reasons, but this is not the only serwer ive ever played, but the only with such an issue, that when new player connects ping of all ppl on the server jumps to 150ms.

ofc you can blame the weather, providers and cyclists, but the fact is its the only server that acts like that i ever played. EVER. even multiplay's "all weapons" with roughly 12-16 players on board anytime does not have such problem, so dont tell me its because of my connection, cuz it has to be sth server sided.

and IMO there is no point in asking provider, as those lags seem to be generated purely by UT server configuration (unless you provider also configures your UT settings, which i doubt).

and sorry i called some stuff "useless mutators", but the fact is that they do not contribute to player benefit, just make you feel better admin. check heavily loaded servers like multiplay popular maps, all weapons, also House of Pain - all of them have more players that this server and they all survive without all those mutators that you call "must have" - how's that possible?

its your server, so you can do what you want, i just tell you my oppinion how you could make it better - you could at least try.

and there's also one thing:

"when the server is lagging you guys can help us by doing a tracert to the server"

i am not sure if you understood what i ment.
i ment, that connection to the server is fine. and there are no lags.
EXCEPT the moment, when new players connect.
so there is no point in doing tracerts, cuz when i switch from my UT to do so, the lag is already gone.
higher ping is NOT beacause of the worse connection for a while. its because of server, that cant answer quick enough cuz it has to deal with newly connected player. and the more players connect "the same time" the bigger the problem is. so it has nothing to do with the connection for 100%. its b/c of server load.
and yes, this problem occures only on this server, so its not a problem of UT in general.

and many ppl are not yelling "laaaaaaag" cuz they used to it, also yelling does not help at all :-)
and i have F1 to see ping of all players so i know if its just my ping so high, or not.

IDK, maybe changing thickrate can help, maybe truning off this stats mutator may help (also, should this mutator show just "daily" stats all the time? i can use it only to see "who has played today", which is not much benefit). maybe turning off spec muttator and disabling spectators would help? every mutator has its pros ands cons, so its all just about calculate them.

the main problem is you don't see the problem Smile
cuz "my complains" are not enough. and noone's complainging except me, as most of the players don't care to register here.

also, probably i won't complain anymore, b/c as i see its useless as no matter what the problem is, you always give me Standard Admin Answer No. #1: "Works fine for me"

cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:07 pm

I understand your point of thinking that the mutators are the reason but I'm telling you it's not since I'm the server admin I know this better than you because I'm having more abilities than you (the admin ability over the servers) which allowed me to test over the server and decide.

I never blame the provider when it got nothing to do with it. We had few connection issues with it before that's why the first thing always come to my mind "it could be the provider" that's the nature because we didn't changed the mutators mods from decades so any new change would be simply coming from the network/provider. as they usually solved this issues as fast as possible when we are having an issue that's the main reason I'm sticking with this provider. they are responsible enough when we are facing an issue.

When a new player usually joins the server i don't notice any serious lag the ping jumping isn't critical I've seen it in loads of servers. also I've asked my mates they never got any lag issue recently unless there are loads of people connecting in the same time and that's sometimes open the chance for a small lag on the player join.

Also please note that the on join ping spikes or lag in general depends on few things like:

1. the server specs and connection.
2. the heavy server actors (like nexgen, ACE)

I've tested a lot with that even though I once removed nexgen and ACE the on join ping jump was still happening... and I once removed everything and it was still happening... it's not critical though i never noticed serious lag with it just the ping jumps 1/2 seconds and that's still playable. It will do a real lag only when many people are connecting in the same moment to the server.

Our server specs and connection aren't ultimate furthermore there are much things you need to consider when you are comparing a server to another for example servers specs, connection etc... like in Mpuk for example they are running their servers in a big dedicated server, our runs in a Virtual server as you can see from it name, as their connection is ofc much better than ours. do you see where is the difference?

For this mutators which you don't like in general, both of them don't exceed 50kb they can never be counted as heavy mutators and it's well tested btw and working fine without any issues... for sure they are not the issue.

We have no obligation to convince everyone complaining why are we using this mutator and why we don't use that one. We simply do what we see the best for our servers as when it come to this it's just admin matters. however I'd like to explain it in public in general in order to close the discussion about it... For locking the spectator mode we did that in purpose to get rid of the people who are being banned from our servers and joining as the spectator since there is away to evade the ban and join only as spectator to cause trouble. like inviting people to another server, or trying a hack like the hacks which spam the screen with center message or crashing the server through spectator since ACE don't check you when you are spectator. Imagine when a cheater for example is joining your server that way as spectator for revenge for getting him banned and trying to get the people to his server or a different server where he isn't banned in general and here is the reason for the other mod which block the ip advertisement.

In general the community/server advertisement can be done in the IRC, facebook, Skype not in the game server, We don't allow it and we are not the only community who apply this rule btw... most of the popular communities applying it because they have experienced the same thing from the spammers. Maybe you would see the point when you are running a popular server.

Well I visit the server as well from time to another the same for Movement, We don't get complains about it. we only get complains when a critical issue happening which people can't live with it like when the server was lagging all the time some month ago. Basically and honestly yes currently you are the only one complaining not because people are lazy to register but because it's simply not critical as it's playable. Please understand that you want the server to be perfect but that's something hard to achieve since we are not rich enough to be able to run our servers in a dedicated machine with an ultimate connection Razz

"also, probably i won't complain anymore, b/c as i see its useless as no matter what the problem is, you always give me Standard Admin Answer No. #1: "Works fine for me""

Honestly If I'm just giving you "the Standard Admin Answer No. #1" I wouldn't even bother myself with all this writing and explanation which I'm always doing from time to another when you are contacting us a simple "No" would just do the job... We have explained our reasons it's your problem if you aren't convinced about it. still though we can't be blamed for it as i said several times we do what we see the best for our servers whether we are right or wrong from your point of view it's as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:28 am

"still though we can't be blamed for it as i said several times we do what we see the best for our servers whether we are right or wrong from your point of view it's as simple as that."

i also said before - it's your server so its up to you how you set it up Smile

but please try to understand my point be4 judging me:
on this server there are mutators that are uncommon on other servers as well as strange lag issues that also do not occur on any other server ive ever played. so it easily comes in mind, that those two things are somehow connected.
if you say its because of connection and/or machine specification, then it's fine for me
if you say you need that spec protection system insted of just turning spec slots off - fine for me as well.
if you say "come to server with ip: xyz" should be forbidden, while "come to irc channel xyz" is pretty fine - well... that's strange, but still fine for me Smile

im just curious if there is noone to hack popular MPUK servers so they dont need such protection, or maybe they solve this issue other way (idk, IP filetring on firewall, for instance?), or maybe you are a bit overreacting?

recently one cant even say 'hi' joining the server, as every player is muted for some time after he connects. i guess its another layer of anti-hack&spam protection, but as you might probably noticed not many people are able to say simple 'hi' when they connect and now even these few cant do it. so they start playing and then forget it.
on the other hand people are capable of fighting spam themselves by simply ignoring it, so maybe this additional protection is not really necessary?

ofc, as i said, its all up to you, i appreciate you run the server (even if i do not play there much), i met there few people i like and im happy it was back then when it was still possible to exchange contact details like IM numbers.

i guess our thinking differs in such way that i actually believe people are smart enough to do what is  best for them and capable of defending themselves in many ways that do not require admin assist and mutators that take them their rights (oh, not rights. priviledges)

if two players wanna play a duel, but they cant contact via irc or fb cuz they met on your server why to [try to] forbid them? i cant get the point. they will be happy they met on such great server and they will come back here for sure.
if all they see is prohibitions, my not like it that much.

also basically, such prohibitions are useless cuz they make casual players life harder but if someone really wants to override them, he have many easy ways to do so.

to summarize this long thread, please tell me if i understood you correct:

1. there are no lag issues (or at least the problem is just on my side).
2. if there are lag issues they have nothing to do with server configuration/.
3. i do not understand the need to use all the uncommon mutators, b/c i havent had hack&spam problems you have experienced and would be still experiencing if not those mutators.

that's pretty much what i understood from your post.
if that's correct i wont bother you anymore with 'my point of view', as i see you have other POV that cant be changed.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:58 pm

I understand what you are saying but there is actually something i believe that you are missing, when we encountered the connection issue in the past if you still remember, i did all kind of testing (like removing all mods/mutators) to check if it's from installation or just the network and it was just the network back then. the same thing for the ping jumping/spiking issue on the player join. It depends on your server specs connection that's why I'm saying it got nothing to do with the mutators furthermore the current loaded mutators doesn't do much data recording or logging with the server <-- and those are the things which can lead the server to lag.

I don't know how mpuk run their servers or deal with their problems, we are simply two different community. Maybe they are totally depending on a different ban system like some kind of private tools to prevent the one who being banned to evade the ban and join as spectator to do trouble? - Maybe they haven't encounter one of this trouble makers? I doubt. I honestly don't know about them so I can't really give you a correct answer about why it's different between us and them I only react to the current situation. when i found an abuse It's my duty to take an action against it and stop it that's why locking spectator was necessary for us since it was the only current solution to avoid this trouble makers.

Also note that we don't come up with this things from nowhere, everything have a reason there are many trouble makers who try to kill your server it's your duty at least to protect it that's how we see it. Nobody would be happy watching his server dying. We have encountered some of this trouble makers and most of them involved in cheating and hacking stuff.

For the IP advertisement there are many reasons lead us to totally block it like:

1. The cheaters who tried to join back and advertising their own public server where they can cheat freely there. and note that some players don't even know this "X" guy have cheated for example.

2. The spammers in general who are seeing your server as a treasure since it's popular in order to make their own server popular by killing your server. do you realize some communities have died because of this spammers? I've observed it before in one of my favorite servers in the past and I don't like to watch it again happening for my own server.

3. It's not much different for duels there are some guys who would invite you for duel in their own publicserver it's not much different from the spammers since it's public not private. however there are still who wanna do real duel but to close the door for this kind of abuse the rule is simply applied for everyone so we don't get this kind of complains: why this "x" person allowed to ask for duel while I'm not? etc...

This mods and rules are made to protect your server (in other words for the server sake) from this kind of situations otherwise it wouldn't even exist and thanks to it we are able to keep the servers running in peace. We are doing our best to keep this server as active as it's today for you the "players" and Remember that it came this far by doing the things our way whether you see it right or wrong. we are acting through our admin experience. the more you encounter abuse the more you want to avoid it in order to keep your servers running in peace. that's simply our point.

This advertisement/duels can be done anywhere like IRC, Skype, Facebook. however in the game server it's just killing the game.

The number of players in our servers isn't that big to be divided by the spammers imagine when your server is full of the spammers how long will it live...

Basically this prohibitions are for the server sake.

Remember that every server in general has it own rules, players can simply agree by respecting the rules or disagree by not playing in this server.

Back on topic:

"1. there are no lag issues (or at least the problem is just on my side)."

No currently we didn't really notice any lag issue however when there is a lag issue we take an action just as we did before in the past when you did complain when there was a real lag issue...

"2. if there are lag issues they have nothing to do with server configuration/."

It depends, if the server been fine with the same configuration for decades and then it lagged suddenly then it got something to do with the provider/network in general, however if the lag happening as a result of a new change with the server settings then you gotta consider looking into your configuration that's how i see it.

"3. i do not understand the need to use all the uncommon mutators, b/c i havent had hack&spam problems you have experienced and would be still experiencing if not those mutators."

You shall understand it when you are experiencing and encountering the same issues with your own server. and I honestly don't get it why you are doing much fuss over this mutators seriously. this mutators exist to be used like that when you are facing this trouble makers...

The fact that you didn't experience this kind of situations doesn't mean it didn't exist. we simply experienced it and we came up with our own resolve. we don't care how this "x" community react to this and that we have our own rules.

You are always welcome to express your opinion and point of view. but remember that expressing your opinion doesn't mean we are simply going to listen to it if we are not convinced we won't it's as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -    

Back to top Go down

connection issues: -=[TNW]=- * * DM DecK][ * * » By: www.2gbvps.com « -
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2