|UT| New World
Welcome to our website, please register if you are new or login if you are a member.

UT99 Community

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Site Navigation
TNW Servers
TNW Servers

Share | 

A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
(-)

PostSubject: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello,

I'm just a stranger that likes to play on your server, so I think that I may help to make it a little better ;-)

Today there were a cheater with aimbot so obvious, that even server's antycheat protection could detect it.

Most of you will say: oh, that's good! what's the problem then?!

The problem is that you have a mutator, that remembers player's score if a player gets disconnected, to adjust the score when he connects again.

So, as you can imagine, the cheater has still been able to win any game, despite of the fact that he has been disconnected every ~5 secs.

I suggest to review the log and check if you can:
1. ban the cheater by IP
1. add auto-ban (for at least one map) when cheat detected
3. if it's not possible, disable this 'score accumulation' mutatotor, or whatever it is

Also, you have something wrong with country-flags, as some player's are reported to be from different countries that they really are. But it is not a big deal.

PS. FWS from UTPure (PureStats, to be precise) would be also nice :-)

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Movement

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Is he from greece?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Movement

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I stop by on the server every 30 min's to check whats going on but I didn't see anything strange and also what's the player name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 pm

abc1234 wrote:
Hello,

I'm just a stranger that likes to play on your server, so I think that I may help to make it a little better ;-)

Today there were a cheater with aimbot so obvious, that even server's antycheat protection could detect it.

Most of you will say: oh, that's good! what's the problem then?!

The problem is that you have a mutator, that remembers player's score if a player gets disconnected, to adjust the score when he connects again.

So, as you can imagine, the cheater has still been able to win any game, despite of the fact that he has been disconnected every ~5 secs.

I suggest to review the log and check if you can:
1. ban the cheater by IP
1. add auto-ban (for at least one map) when cheat detected
3. if it's not possible, disable this 'score accumulation' mutatotor, or whatever it is

Also, you have something wrong with country-flags, as some player's are reported to be from different countries that they really are. But it is not a big deal.

PS. FWS from UTPure (PureStats, to be precise) would be also nice :-)

Cheers!

Hello,

Firstly welcome to our small community website, hope you are enjoying the game in our server.

well you got point about the player score, ACE normally kick cheaters so fast unless they are using an old pc. so i believe it can ruin the game.

i normally ban cheaters manually after i check the ace logs, the reason i don't like to make ace do auto ban that there is sometimes false logs. so some innocent people can be banned because of that.

for country flags i blame the php datebase in this case it import countries from unrealadmin.org so not even sure if the problem exist Surprised but i'll have a look Smile

due many complains we are not using FWS for now but we may use it in the future if there is much requests about it! What a Face

hope to frag you around in the server also hope to see you here posting with us from time to another.

thanks for your reports and suggestion, i'll remove the score thing as soon as possible. Smile

* * * UPDATE * * *

Removed the score accumulation.

btw what is your nick in the server? i'm just curious Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ut99.friendhood.net
(-)

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Player name was liza.
I have a demo from my POV, so if you wish I can upload it somewhere.

My nick on the server is (-) along with my clan tag: xts

Thanks for removing score accumulation it will probably help a bit (but still cheaters only goal may be to ruin the game no matter the score Wink

Regarding FWS I can't really imagine how one can complain about it - it gives all players the same advantage so it's fair, also all official clanbase matches are played with FWS enabled.
But it's ok for me if you leave it that way Smile

I hope we would met on the server too (but I have no idea what is your nick, though Wink

Also, if you like TDM we can allways arrange saome 2vs2, 3vs3 or 4vs4 matches - against or with you (as we often need 'one more player' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm

looks like ace kicked him already several times ^^ i see loads of logs for this cheater... well he is permanently banned now.

so cheaters won't be able to ruin it as long as ace detecting them Smile

no need to worry most people now days uses dumb cheats however feel free to report always when you see something suspecting.

i'll look into FWS one more time but don't promise to add it soon Smile

well my nick is: Rx i'm always there in the morning Wink

TDM Surprised sounds fun, sure you can always post it in new thread in here. and we will play if we are available Smile

thanks again for the report*, no need to worry anymore about liza, i've banned his/her ip.
Back to top Go down
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Looks like the server needs a restart also i've seen liza with different ip so banned him/her again also the server still didn't read that i disabled score accumulation yet. so i'll wait until everyone leave then i'll restart the server to read the new changes. Smile
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 pm

That's really great to see an admin reacting so fast :-)

PS. I've sent you PM and I am not sure if it has been sent - as it is visible in my outbox, but not in sentbox?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I've received it and replayed! don't worry Smile it appears in outbox until i read it i guess. Wink
Back to top Go down
Movement

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sat May 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Yo I was playing on zP TnW saw the same person again with the name Liza I already added that person to banlist on the server and on my server's. I got demo too.. I figure its the same old guy from greece since its around the same ip address
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sun May 05, 2013 5:21 am

well Greece cheaters are so dumb but they are lucky that they have dynamic ip, anyway i'll add new ban system to deal with this kind of cheaters.

also today i found out a new bug with the Nexgen... it keeps the scores saved so when a cheater get kicked and reconnect he restore his score back... nexgen authors should have made that an option so people can disable and enable it but sad he didn't.. i hope i can find solution Neutral
Back to top Go down
(-)

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sun May 05, 2013 1:22 pm

o.O
restoring of the score was the problem I mentioned in the first post Very Happy

I used to use Nexgen, but after I read some criticism about it I switched to ATH Server Controller:
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Admin/ASC/&file=ASC760.zip

Maybe you'll find it suitable for you as well :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sun May 05, 2013 2:01 pm

(-) wrote:
o.O
restoring of the score was the problem I mentioned in the first post Very Happy

I used to use Nexgen, but after I read some criticism about it I switched to ATH Server Controller:
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Admin/ASC/&file=ASC760.zip

Maybe you'll find it suitable for you as well :-)

ASC have one serious bug also, your server access can be hacked through ASC many people already mentioned this problem for me that's why now days like 90% of public servers are using nexgen Razz

Nexgen is stronger to be honest more secured and better options except it just have the scoring issue.. i'll try to find out a way to deal with this score problem until that we will be active in the servers to deal with this sort of hacker. Smile
Back to top Go down
Movement

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sun May 05, 2013 4:04 pm

You have to remove nexgen extensions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|tNw|rx

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Sun May 05, 2013 4:17 pm

aha thanks for the advise i'll see what exactly going to be removed from options after i disable nexgen extensions then i'll judge Smile

I hope it doesn't remove my favorite options What a Face
Back to top Go down
Astro

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 am

nexgen much better than asc imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knight91

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 pm

tbh any server is better without both (nexgen & asc) cuz it get more heavy with this tools i still love the nexgen tho Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astro

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 am

btw the score problem can be pain in ass with this kind of cheaters we should find quick solution imo Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777   

Back to top Go down

A little bit about cheaters & current problems with 37.59.199.198:7777
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1